Mattress for pressure ulcers plays a key important role in your goodnight’s sleep. It is very important to change your old mattress when they start giving you a lot of trouble like back pain, shoulder pain, dust mites, mental health problems like stress and anxiety, lack of sleep, etc. You must change your old mattress immediately but buying a new mattress is not an easy task in today’s world.
It takes a lot of hassle and expert recommendations to buy the perfect mattress. There are a lot of options available in the market nowadays like spring mattresses, air foam mattresses, gel memory mattresses, latex mattresses, hybrid mattresses, waterbeds, memory foam mattresses, etc. So, it becomes confusing for the buyer to choose the perfect mattress for themselves. For those who want to go a bit extravagant and have a little bit higher budget than you may want to compare the different types of mattress.
A latex mattress is made by a combination of a latex foam mattress to provide the sleeper with comfort and support. Latex comes from the sap of the rubber tree and thus it’s a very eco-friendly mattress as it’s a natural product coming directly from the rubber tree. Also, other mattresses are combined with latex and other eco-friendly materials making it completely nature friendly for the buyer.
The latex beds that are available in the market go through 2 different processing methods: Dunlop or Talalay process. These mattresses come with different types of firmness and you can choose according to your choice. These types of mattresses not only regulate the temperature for you but also have contouring properties. It gives the perfect support to your spine and your joints. It relieves pressure from your back and joint muscles. Another feature about the Talalay mattresses is that they are dense and heavy and so they can handle a lot of weight.
LATEX MATTRESS- ADVANTAGES and DISADVANTAGES
Few benefits of the latex mattress are that it provides luxury comfort to the sleepers. It has a very soft surface but also supports your body well enough. They are also mold and dust mite resistant so you won’t face the common problem of infestation of dust mites. The latex mattress is very durable and they usually last for a long time and if properly maintained they last for a very long time. The heat inside these mattresses doesn’t get trapped as they have an open-cell structure so there is no worry about feeling hot during the summertime.
There are also few disadvantages of latex mattresses:
- These mattresses are very heavy and dense and so they are very heavyweight. It is very difficult to move the mattress.
- Compared to other mattresses these mattresses are heavily priced and for people having a low budget, it is very difficult to afford.
Hybrid mattresses are made up of different types of materials as the name suggests, it is usually a combination of innerspring coil mattresses with memory foam. The support from the coil and the soft and bouncy feel of the memory foam makes this mattress popular in the market. Usually, the materials that hybrid mattresses are made up of is a combination of steel support like the innerspring coil system, a comfortable layer made of polyurethane foam, latex foam, or memory foam and cooling materials to keep you cool when you sleep at night. This bed provides you with a bouncy feel from the innerspring coil and due to the memory foam, it supports your body weight properly.
HYBRID MATTRESS – ADVANTAGES and DISADVANTAGES
The common benefit of a hybrid mattress is that they provide a traditional vibe when you sleep on them due to the presence of the innerspring coil, they are very much cooler compared to other mattresses in the market, these mattresses don’t have any chemical smell like many other mattresses.
Few Disadvantages of Hybrid Mattresses are:
- These mattresses are also like latex mattresses and have a very heavy weight and so it is very difficult to move them.
- Hybrid mattresses are of different types that are available in the market and so you need to be very careful and stay away from gimmicks. There can be motion transfer due to bad hybrid beds which will disrupt your sleep.
Few common points that one must remember while buying a mattress are:
- Your mattress must support your body well enough and provide you with pressure point relief and not cause any strain at your back.
- You must know the correct size that is needed for your bed. Like if you are a couple then you can go for king-size beds. Again, at times the sleeping style of each partner is different which can be a matter of discomfort for the other partner. In that case, one can use a split king mattress. For example, you must know about split king v/s king beds. The kings are the widest beds that are available with dimensions between 76 inches by 80 inches. King mattresses are made for the master bedrooms. Split king, on the other hand, is a king-size mattress divided in half for each of the partners to have complete access to his/her share.
- The most important point before buying your mattress is that you must choose the type of mattress that will provide you with comfort and support.
LATEX VS HYBRID
While buying your mattress, if you are confused between latex vs hybrid, you have to first understand what a latex v/s hybrid mattress is. The hybrid mattress is a combination of innerspring and memory foam which can last for 8 to 9 years at stretch without sagging. Latex mattresses are made from the sap of the rubber tree and are considered beneficial for hot sleepers. They can last for more than 15 years if used properly.
Also, below are some common points about both the mattresses:
- Both mattresses are responsive and give support to your body.
- Each mattress is compatible with adjustable beds.
- Both the mattresses don’t trap any heat and provide you with a cooler sleeping experience. The open cell construction of the pure Talalay latex mattress prevents any heat from getting trapped inside the mattress.
- Both mattresses are very durable and last for a long time. They can be a long-time investment for the buyer.
- Both mattresses have high demand in the market and are expensive compared to other mattresses.
In the end, both the mattresses have their pros and cons and you need to select them according to your own choice. You will want top-class features and something which is natural and doesn’t harm the environment. Also, budget is a very essential factor before buying your mattress and you must look for a warranty, your mattress company must give you a minimum of 7-8 years of warranty. You must also look for online reviews of customers before deciding which mattress to buy. Your mattress is the ultimate factor that decides your sleep. If you want a good sleep then you need to find the best natural mattress for yourself.