Five Major Causes of Poor Digestion and Tips to Improve It
Digestion problems are alone a considerable concern. Despite the technological improvements, work schedules have become more demanding, and lives are busier than ever nowadays. Stress levels are high and taking a severe toll on the mental and physical well-being of everyone. Digestive issues, particularly, are common for people today, and the ones, who are not doing anything about it, are surely prolonging their pain and inconvenience.
Taking an antacid once in a while is fine, but if you are popping it frequently, you need to be vigilant about it. Stomach pain, excessive burping, heartburn and reflux, bloating, constipation or diarrhea is an indication that your gut is not in healthy condition and you need immediate help.
You need to understand what is causing these problems in the first place to rectify them and enjoy good digestive health.
So, let us discuss the digestions offenders first.
- Improper Chewing
Lack of chewing not only makes it harder to swallow the food but also causes several health problems, especially related to digestion and absorption of nutrients in the body. In fact, your gut becomes confused, and your body doesn’t produce enough enzymes to break the food fully. This leads to obesity, nausea, malnutrition, headaches, and skin issues over time.
- Low Stomach Acid
Stomach acid or gastric acid is essential for a good digestive process. But stress and poor diet can hamper its production in the body. With lower concentrations of this acid, key minerals and proteins are not absorbed properly, leaving you highly vulnerable to various diseases and health complications such as diabetes, osteoporosis, asthma, asthma, and even cancer.
- Enzyme Deficiency
Enzymes are types of protein naturally produced by the body to regulate hormones, have energy, fight off infection, and transport nutrients. However, an undisciplined lifestyle and lack of balanced meals become the cause of enzyme deficiency. High sugar diets are also significant culprits tiring the pancreas and leading to gas – altogether hampering digestion.
- Bacterial Overgrowth
As per the natural phenomena, food that remains undigested throughout the small intestine has to be consumed by bacteria. So, the more undigested and stagnant food, the more growth is of bacteria. This situation of SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) produces loads of toxins that then interfere with nutrient absorption and sometimes trigger diarrhea.
This situation of SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) produces loads of toxins that then interfere with nutrient absorption and sometimes trigger diarrhea.
- Inadequate Secretion of Bile
Bile contains bile acids that aid digestion and absorption of fats and fat-soluble vitamins. Bile deficiency causes a buildup of toxins in our bodies and a problem with the formation of hormones. Its major symptoms may range from mild to severe, including diarrhea, jaundice, vitamin deficiencies, and liver failure.
Here are a few ways to help your digestive system work smoothly:
- Add probiotics to your daily diet. Probiotics are microscopic ‘bugs’ that live in your intestine and break down the food you eat. Kefir, yogurt, sauerkraut, kimchi and kombucha are rich sources of probiotics.
- Eat slowly. Always take your meals in a relaxed environment and be focused on eating. Chew each bite nicely and not in a bad or upset mood, as this can drastically affect the effectiveness of your digestive system.
- Take enough water. Water is a must for good digestion. It helps digest solid food and absorb nutrients well. An average recommendation for water consumption is 3.5 liters for men and 2.5 liters for women.
- Try professional colon cleansing. Colon hydrotherapy is an ancient technique used to flush out large portions of the bowel system. In this process, the colon is filled with warm sterile, filtered water and flushed out with trapped waste and gasses. It is beneficial for patients with severe constipation issues.
Top 5 Trending Posts
- Don’t be a Do-It-Yourselfer, Get Help With Your Assignments!
- What are SI1 (Slightly Included 1) clarity diamonds?￼
- These 5 Video Editing Tricks Will Make Your Editing Faster and Your Videos More Enjoyable to Watch
- Get Custom Keychains That accurately Represent Your Personality
- Things to consider while buying bongs
The cartoon frog from graphic design is my passion memes can be found on the clipart website Classroom Clipart, where it displays a copyright date of 2011.