Why Grain-free Foods are Best for Your Little Tigers
Cat parents would jump seas to ensure that their feline children get the best of everything. Thus, a cat’s diet is of great importance for its owners, who are ready to invest in anything that guarantees their cats’ health.
With many cat foods available in the market, cat owners often feel confused about the best choice.
This article talks about grain-free cat food, its health benefits, and reasons why cat moms and cat dads should opt for this diet for their pets.
WHAT ARE GRAIN-FREE CAT FOODS?
As the name suggests, grain-free cat foods don’t contain the usual grains found in cat foods like oats, barley, rice, wheat, or corn. In other words, this type of food is rich in protein, unlike traditional cat food rich in carbohydrates.
WHY IS A HIGH PROTEIN DIET GOOD FOR CATS?
Food rich in carbohydrates is bad for your cat. Cats require high protein in their diet to be at the pink of their health. This is because your tiny tigers need a diet that is very much similar to their cousins in the wild.
A balanced diet meeting the needs of your feline friend must include high levels of protein, vitamins, and minerals and with no carbohydrates in natural or added form.
Protein in grain-free cat food provides amino acids required for the cat’s overall well-being.
WHAT ARE THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF A GRAIN-FREE DIET?
Following a grain-free diet can positively impact your cat’s health in many ways. Some of the most important health benefits are as follows:
- Easy to digest- Grain-free foods are easy on your feline’s digestive system. It can be broken down more easily than carbohydrates.
Carbohydrates are starchy and difficult to digest as cats don’t naturally have the salivary amylase to break down starch.
A grain-free diet, rich in protein, gives cats a diet so close to their natural diet and hence improves their digestive health as a whole.
- The best option for allergic or sensitive cats- If your kitties show any allergies, then it is time to shift to a grain-free diet. These allergies would be in the form of an itchy coat or loose stools.
Certain cats exhibit allergies to specific grains, and hence it should be avoided at all costs.
If cat parents are not sure about the presence of allergies, it is wise to shift to a grain-free diet and check if the symptoms are alleviating.
- Shiny coat or fur- Right food at the right time can impact your feline’s health immensely. A well-balanced diet that includes the right amount of protein makes your kitty’s coat more lustrous and soft. This transformation is a testament to the good health of the cat.
- Happy and healthy little tigers- A happy and active cat is a reflection of its health. The old saying “A healthy mind in a healthy body” applies to your feline’s life too. A good grain-free diet ensures a healthy body so that your tigers can grow happily.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How can I identify if my cat has food allergy symptoms?
The symptoms of food allergy your cat can show include restlessness, smelly coat, unusual fur loss, red eyes, loose stools, and itchy fur.
- Are all grain-free cat foods gluten-free?
Yes, all grain-free food for cats is gluten-free. But all gluten-free cat foods aren’t necessarily grain-free.
Top 5 Trending Posts
The cartoon frog from graphic design is my passion memes can be found on the clipart website Classroom Clipart, where it displays a copyright date of 2011.